Me

Me

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Event 1- Summer Schedule- Coolored

Played my first event today, a $160 Buy In at Binions which got 178 runners. Starting stacks were $12K. Damn my table was interesting, told the table it was well worth the buy in just for entertainment value. Player banter back and forth, calling the clock, dude raising with 72 and breaking a guy, etc.

I won the first hand of the tourney, never a good sign for me, and only won two more hands during the first three levels. Was as low as 8600 and went into break with 10K or so.

Made it through, the 4th level unscathed but really wasn't chipping up. Could not defend my blinds all day, just junk cards.

Coolored for my stack in level 5 with the following hand:

Blinds were 200/400/50 and I opened UTG for 1500 with two black aces, folds to MP3 and he raises me to 4000, back to me and I push for my remaining 9000 or so. He insta calls and flips two queens, I dodged the flop and there it came on the turn, a queen and I was out the door. Had the player exactly where I wanted him, but sometimes this game will make you sick.

Not much you can do, but say good game and shake the guys hand. Happy with my play today, really card dead or when I was raising nobody would play. On to Venetian for the start of the Deep Stack tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment