Me

Me

Monday, May 17, 2010

First Week WSOP/Vegas Series Schedule

Finally took the time to plan my first week of the poker mania that takes over Las Vegas from late May to mid July each year. Due to some unexpected responsibilities with my kids in Texas, I am only going to be in town about 15 days during this time frame. If any of you have a 13 year old son who might be going down the wrong path, you know what I mean. I am without question a parent first, poker has to come a distance second.

Last year I only played 4 events and spent a lot of time at the 2/5 cash table at the RIO which was very rewarding. I was basically a break even in the tourneys I played. The highlight was going fairly deep in a Venetian 550, finishing 25/704 after wining entry via a $130 single table. The low point was a Caesars $340 when I was cruising along 10 from the money and fell in love with 8's, misplayed the hand every way possible and crippled myself. I also played the first WSOP 1000 which in my opinion was a shove fest donkament and I lasted a whopping four levels.

So here is the schedule. If I make Day 2 in any event, I will not play the event scheduled for that day.

5/27 Binions Classic- $150 Just a practice session, first live event in a month or so, got to give Downtown some business.
5/28 Venetian DSE $340
5/29 Venetian DSE $340
5/30 Day off (Indy 500/Nascar 600) May play the WSOP nightly
5/31 WSOP $1500
6/1 Ceasers $225 Mega Stack- Need to redeem myself from last year and need a change of pace.
6/2 Venetian DSE $550

Thats roughly $3k in buy ins with I am sure some cash mixed in. All I need is a run good one time.

Good Luck to all and see you at the tables.


No comments:

Post a Comment