Me

Me

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Made A Venetian DSE Final Table

Thought I might be able to blog daily above my tourneys through my first weeks WSOP/Related Vegas Tourneys schedule. Learned really quickly that 12 hours of poker a day takes it out of you and the ability to blog falls down the food chain.

Long story short I final tabled the Venetian DSE Event #2, a $340 Buy In event. Its my largest recorded live cash to date, although I have larger cashes in daily's/freerolls that are not reported by the various poker ranking sites.

I was damn lucky to be alive at the money level of 45 players. I had been all in and well behind twice during the day but caught cards for the suck out. The worst of the two was all in pre flop with jacks against aces, called for the river jack and caught it. The player next to me told me that he thought the guy with the aces was puking in the bathroom afterwards. It has happened to me about time it happens in my favor. The other was a push of A6 hearts against 6's right before dinner break, ace on the flop.

The third hand after the money broke I got very lucky. Blinds were $2000/$4000 and I had about 70,000 in my stack, I raised in MP to $10,000 with A7 diamonds and was called by two players behind. Flop came AJ7 two hearts, I jammed my stack in, player behind pushed for his stack $150,000 or so and guy on the button called. Player behind turned over 7's for trips, button turn over KQ hearts for the nut flush draw. Turn was a low heart giving the button his flush. River was a beautiful Ace of Spades giving me top boat aces over sevens, MP second boat sevens over aces and button a destroyed nut flush. It was such a cooler for the other two and I scooped the main pot of $210,000. Later I busted the broken flush player who pushed Q4 off for $60,000 and I called with 9's. Cruised into Day 2 sixth in chips with $238,000.

30 players returned and nothing much happened for me other than I busted a short stack for $50,000 called his push with AJ hearts which held. It only took about 90 minutes to get to the final table and I entered with an average stack. Just never could get much going, losing a two pair pot to a better two pair for $125,000. Also caught aces and probably over raised in early position, with no callers.

Blinds were $10000/$20000/$3000 and I had about $240,000 left going into my bust out hand. I was in the big blind and it was folded to the small who looked like he was going to fold but just limped. I looked down a 7's and jammed it in. Small Blind snapped called me with J10 off and caught a jack on the flop.

I was out the door in 7th for a $4200 payday, all in all I was lucky to be that far, but disappointed I didn't go further.

No comments:

Post a Comment