Me

Me

Friday, May 23, 2014

Time For A Different Direction

My last couple of posts in this blog I, have discussed my battle with the beer can or should I say many beer cans. This is not intended to be a blog about sobriety, although I may from time to time post about it.

I have been following up on a plan that has been in my head for quite sometime. When your 53 and have had some business success, it is time to work on something your truly passionate about.  Mine is writing.

Throughout my long banking career, I had to prepare detailed written memorandums typically for loan approval purposes. In my consulting company, I prepare detailed written documents about my clients and their businesses.  But my true passion is sports.

I have recently starting writing for Fansided Talking 12 and a twitter friend's blog TheVegasParlay.com  I am  in discussions to do some technical marketing type writing for a large sports wagering pick site.

Additionally two book projects are going to come to fruition. One is humorous look at my journey out of the booze fog. Its outlined and the first Chapter is done. The second book is a business book targeting small business owners and how to deal with their bank.

I am also stepping up my Twitter game. There are numerous ways to use Twitter, in the right way, including business and marketing. It is amazing what happens when you reach out to a few quality people whom you have followed.

I am blessed to be in a great place in my life, I am not trying to be the next John Gresham or Peter King, just finally working on my passion.

Planning to spend three weeks at my Las Vegas home beginning June 1 or so. Really excited to be there for the wagering opportunities of the NBA, NHL finals and  first ten days or so of the World Cup. I am going to be sitting in my loft looking out my window at the mountains in Red Rock and writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment