Me

Me

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Family

Last posted that I would be going to Tunica for some WPO events. Had a change of heart and decided to take my daughter to my Vegas house for a week. While being a poker player and a sports bettor can sometimes be overwhelming, I have tried to keep a good balance to life. Family is more important than anything. As a divorced dad, I enjoy a great relationship with my kids, get to see them often and have a good non-confrontational relationship with their Mom.

I just returned from Las Vegas and am back in Texas. I played a whopping three hours of poker during the week and made a whopping $43. Felt guilty the whole time as my daughter was home alone although I was 5 minutes away at Red Rock. She approved of my poker time but it just didn't seem right and I quit after a couple of hours.

My daughter and I did all the tourist things. We walked all over the strip, ate nice meals at Naked Fish, Gordon Biersch, Hash Hash A Go Go and casual ones at In N Out and Pop's Cheese Steak. We went to see Salt and Grown Ups ( would recommend both) and finally made it the Beatles Love at Mirage. I think it was the best Cirque show I have seen with Lucy in the Sky my favorite scene. Makes me remember the Beatles did a lot of drugs in the late 60's. Of course, I was dragged to the tourist traps of the M&M's and Coca Cola Store but it was worth to see my daughter enjoy buying stuff for her friends with money she had saved on her own.

Most importantly though the week reminded me how blessed I am to have healthy kids, who I have a great relationship with.

After all the grinding, bad beats etc., nothing is better than family.

No comments:

Post a Comment